Action Days 2017 Legislative Asks
Outlined below are the three legislative asks discussed during the Hill Day meetings on May 2. Please click on the links below to access detailed information for each request.
1) Cosponsor the Childhood Cancer STAR Act (H.R. 820/S. 292)
- Survivorship, Treatment, Access and Research
- Most Comprehensive Childhood Cancer Bill ever taken up by Congress.
- Unanimously approved by the House in December, 2016
2) Support a $2 billion increase for the NIH
- Maintain the momentum of federal funding approved by the House and Senate last year.
3) Include the RACE for Children Act in the FDA User Fee bill
- Congress is currently considering a FDA User Fee bill. Please make sure the key childhood cancer provisions included in the RACE for Children Act are included in this larger bill.
- RACE provides that the FDA would have the authority to require any new cancer drug to be studied in pediatric cancers for which the molecular target of the cancer drug is relevant.
*Note: Should you have in-person meetings scheduled with your Representative or Senators, refer to this Meeting Preparation document for helpful tips.